Provide general communications support for a progressive sustainability non-profit. Duties
include implementing the organization’s communications strategy, coordinating organizationwide communications to members and stakeholders, and serving as media point of contact.
- Contribute to the development of the GreenBlue communications strategy.
- General Communications
- Serve as organization’s media point of contact
- Write and edit press releases
- Edit monthly articles on scientific topics for industry publications
- Coordinate and produce monthly e-newsletter
- Manage e-mail communications to members
- Produce content for marketing material, such as flyers and brochures
- Coordinate communications and speaking event calendars across organization
- Coordinate organization’s social media activity, including Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.
- Update website content
- Provide on-site and communications support for all organizational conferences and
events (usually two per year; 200-250 attendees)
- Manage databases, such as membership and meeting registration
- Strategic marketing of GreenBlue resources and offerings
- Based on candidate’s skills and interests, there is opportunity for growth in development
support, including research, proposal writing, and administrative tracking of proposals and
Communications experience with media relations and outreach, including social media
Project management experience
Excellent writing and editing skills
Strong research and analysis skills
Strategic marketing experience preferred but not required
Fundraising support skills preferred but not required
Bachelor’s degree required
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Comfortable with CMS tools (WordPress), online e-mail marketing systems (Campaign
Monitor) and survey and scheduling tools (Survey Monkey, Doodle)
- Database management
- Website content editing skills preferred, but not required
Organized and detail-oriented
Able to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines
Passionate about learning new subject matter and tools/technology
Proactive self-starter, not afraid to take initiative
Committed to GreenBlue’s mission
Some travel is required.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary based on experience and generous benefits.
Send cover letter with minimum salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org