Sustainability Intern – GreenBlue’s Sustainable Packaging Coalition
Focus: Composting Projects
Start Date: October 2013
GreenBlue is currently looking for a motivated Sustainability Intern, offering the chance for an enthusiastic individual with a particular interest in packaging and recycling to gain hands-on experience working with a sustainability non-profit. The dedicated candidate should be able to commit to work for a minimum of 10 hours a week through the end of the year. This is an unpaid internship; however, Independent Study credits are possible. Also possible is an extension through the Spring 2014 semester.
The successful candidate will come away with meaningful work experience and have the opportunity to work alongside a creative team, dedicated to making products more sustainable. The ideal candidate will have:
- Some work and/or volunteer experience as well as interest in recycling and composting.
- A background in environmental science, sustainability, communications, business or social innovation.
- Excellent organizational, written communication, verbal communication, and research skills.
- A team player attitude.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel, and internet search tools.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with outreach and recruiting for the “Scaling up Composting in the Charlotte Area” project.
- Organize files and track progress.
- Carry out primary and secondary research on compost issues.
- Design presentations and graphics.
- Contribute to fact finding and checking.
Administration & Operations:
- Meeting note-taking.
- General office admin: letters, faxes/copies.
- Other duties as requested by management team.
How to Apply:
Candidates are asked to submit the following items as part of their application:
- Resume or CV
- A cover letter outlining why you are interested in interning with GreenBlue, what you are most interested in learning from GreenBlue (tasks or sustainability areas of interest), and how you can contribute to GreenBlue’s work.
- A writing sample.
Applications should be sent by September 30th to Anne Bedarf, Senior Manager by email at Anne.Bedarf@greenblue.org, with subject line: GreenBlue Internship.
Thank you for your interest!