Sustainability Solutions Senior Manager
Minal is a Senior Manager at GreenBlue with primary responsibilities to the Sustainable Packaging Coalition. At GreenBlue, Minal brought to market COMPASS® (Comparative Packaging Assessment), an LCA-based online packaging evaluation software. He also leads the organization’s international outreach and education initiatives, with an emphasis on supply chains in Asia and Latin America, and contributes to various technical resources developed by the SPC. Minal has a background in ecology, policy, and consulting and has over 12 years of management experience in varied fields including data infrastructure, Internet, environmental chemistry, technical training, and consulting. He has contributed to EDF-DuPont’s Nano Risk Framework, a voluntary policy framework for the responsible development of nanotechnology, as well as NSF-336 Sustainable Textiles Standard and a regional carbon emission reduction effort in California. Minal holds an MBA focused on the influence of business on sustainability in developing countries, an MA in International Environmental Policy, and a BS in Wildlife Zoology. Minal is an avid traveler and has traveled extensively in developing countries.
- Design tools
- Package design
- LCA and industry trends
- Materials and LCI data
- SPC education - international
- Can an Unethical Business be Sustainable?
- The SPC at PackExpo 2012
- Tackling Social Implications of Global Activities
- Bad Packaging Designs Perpetuate Negative Costs to Our Communities
- SPC’s 8-year Journey Clears Paths Toward Sustainability
- Kids’ Science Challenge – Down to the Wire!
- Essentials of Sustainability in Mexico City
- Ecology, Ethics, and Interdependence: The Dalai Lama and Life Cycle Thinking
- Bad Life Cycle Data Hindering Good Decisions
- A Zero Waste Packaging Challenge for Kids